Download a PDF of free go kart plans and see my online guide that will teach you how to build a simple go kart from scratch. Check it out below!
Download a Free PDF of Go Kart Plans
Below you can download the free PDF of go kart plans, and check out the exact go kart parts kit I received to build this 2 seater go kart frame in my garage. The downloadable PDF plans include everything you need to build the two seat go kart from start to finish.
|Download Free Fixed Axle Go Kart Plans||$20 Live Axle Plan Bundle|
|Buy Fixed Axle Go Kart Parts Kit||Deluxe Upgrade Live Axle Kit|
How to Build a Go Kart: The Steps
Now that you have the plans (download above by clicking on the orange go kart) you can build your own go kart from scratch in an efficient manner! Here is an outline of the process required to build a metal go kart (links will be added below as the walk-through is completed):
- Tools – welder, angle grinder, drill, and measuring tools
- Go kart parts kit – all the stuff you can’t make
- Steel – tubing, plate, and sheet metal
- Hardware -nuts, bolts, etc
- Mark – the plate and tubing for cuts and holes
- Drill – tabs and brackets on the steel plate
- Cut – all tabs and tubing
- Base Frame – the skeleton
- Bumper – what the pedals attach to
- Rear Axle – what your rear wheels go on
- Floor Pan – what your feet rest on
- Engine – the power plant
- Motor Mount – what the engine mounts to
- Clutch – what drives the chain
- Drive wheel – what puts power to the pavement
Goes over the 2 seater go kart bench installation, framing to support the seat, seat adjuster, and brackets that need to be welded to the frame.
Shows you how to build go kart steering system which includes the steering wheel, hoop, steering shaft, tie rods, spindles and brackets.
Shows how to install the the go kart brake band, brake drum, brake rod, and brake pedal. Includes welding the brake band pivot stud and brake stops to the frame.
Step by step instructions for the remote throttle cable setup starting at the gas pedal, and ending with the engine.
- Optional – flag, seat belt, and lights,
- Recommended- footrest and side rails
- Prep – wire wheel the metal to remove surface rust
- Prime – prime the bare metal
- Paint – paint the kart, seat frame, and rims.
Step by step assembly instructions which include: tire mounting, drive wheel assembly, engine, kill switch, clutch, brakes, throttle, steering system, and seat.
Now that you have finished building your go kart from the free plans, materials, and kit, its time to pat your self on the back, put the pedal to the floor, and burn some rubber! This kart is fun for adults, kids, and teens. It goes 25 mph, seats two, and will provide years of fun and enjoyment! If you liked these plans, feel free to spread the word by linking to this page, or sharing them with someone you know. Thanks for downloading these free go kart plans, let me know in the comments below what you think about designing and building your own go kart.